Data Steward (SQL, Databases Management - Oracle Teradata, PostgreSQL, Neo4J)
Profession:Data Steward (SQL, Databases Management - Oracle Teradata, PostgreSQL, Neo4J)
Master Level Data Steward - Job Description:
The successful candidate will collaborate with Bayer's regional business stewards, enterprise data stewardship and asset leads to analyze, design, and deliver enterprise data capabilities and solutions that solve business problems and enable new insights across all business units and regions. The candidate must understand business objectives/initiatives, partner with multiple teams to analyze regional data business capabilities, & support the IT strategy on an enterprise level. The role of the Enterprise Data Steward ensures the enterprise design & solution fits within IT governance guidelines. A Data Steward possesses excellent communication skills necessary to successfully interact with both business partners and IT delivery teams to influence the formation and adoption of the enterprise solution.
* Resident domain expert for [Supply Chain/Commercial areas.]
* Accountable for data quality, definition, production, and usage of the [Company 360] data asset.
* Profile data to identify gaps/problems and recommend viable options to resolve.
* Work collaboratively with application development teams, stakeholder groups, and regional hub stewards to translate data requirements into engineering requirements.
* Create artifacts and documentation used by application development and the asset teams to create or enhance data flows from source systems to asset derived APIs, Kafka topics, and Postgres databases.
o Document aligned business & asset metadata definitions available within the asset.
o Document data validation criteria and test results.
* Build strong relationships with data asset teams, product managers, business architects, business teams and business data stewards to drive asset adoption and development/enhancement.
* Conduct demonstrations in partnership with asset engineering teams to teach broader organization how to leverage data assets.
* Prioritize work to drive adoption within projects and business units to ensure successful delivery.
* Identify data quality and integration problems and develop a road map for curation.
* Bachelor's degree required.
* Desired experience in data related projects.
* [6+ years experience in IT - Finance, Supply Chain, HR, & Commercial areas.
* Understanding of ERP systems -ECC 6.0 (FI/CO/SD/PP/MM/WM/APO/OTC/QM/Vistex/Payroll/Time) and integration with third party applications].
* Experience with working with Business teams/Product Management/Platform teams to drive engagement.
* Experience in SQL, Database management. (Experience in databases use include: Oracle, Teradata, Postgres, or Neo4J)
* Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to grow relationships with key partners.
* Ability to work effectively in ambiguous situations with self-motivation.
* Ability to use critical thinking skills and be decisive while working cooperatively with others.
* Ability to prioritize work with multiple teams to ensure product usability, acceptance, and on-time delivery.
* Ability to lead by influence and drive change.
* A track record of working within a fast paced, dynamic, team-oriented environment.
* Experience as part of an agile organization with a strong understanding of agile development, continuous deployment, and DevOps.
* Demonstrate technical skill sets and ability to expand as needed.
* Experience in one or more of the following: R, Python, Java, Scala,
* Significant understanding of service formats/ REST APIs
* Experience with light data modeling, data analysis.
* Experience with cloud data technologies like AWS MapReduce and EFS and the ability to navigate through their various service offerings.
* Ability to evangelize technical global architecture principals within the organization to a wide audience of differing levels of technical acumen.