Innovation Engineering Image Analyst (Python, MatLab, Computer Vision, Image Processing)
Profession:Innovation Engineering Image Analyst (Python, MatLab, Computer Vision, Image Processing)
Innovation Engineering Image Analyst
The Innovation Engineering Team is a group of talented individuals with unique engineering development capability. They deliver cutting edge technologies and processes to produce step change efficiencies in Bayer's seed production capabilities. This team is inventing production processes of the future.
The Image Analyst is responsible for developing the analytical methods to translate seed and crop images in to hard quantitative metrics. Beyond their immediate role, they will influence and help design instruments for image acquisition to be deployed globally as well as support the collection and analysis of the resulting metrics to drive business decisions.
It is critical that this person possess an interest in learning and applying image analysis techniques. The candidate should be familiar conventional processing concepts (erosion, dilation, watershed, etc.) and have experience applying said concepts to image segmentation and object detection. Candidate should be familiar with how these concepts are implemented in popular tool sets such as Matlab and Python. Experience with neural networks is useful but our selection process will emphasize conventional methods.
* Develop algorithms to identify and quantify sample metrics from images.
* Correlate imaging metrics with manual observations and other analytical modalities.
* Support and improve existing imaging techniques in use at production facilities.
* Work with technology developers to learn details of prototype design and functionality.
* Support large scale validation studies of prototypes at seed production sites.
Qualifications/Competencies (must have):
* BS in Image Processing, Computer Vision or other closely related field.
* 2+ years of experience (academic or industry) in developing and deploying imaging solutions.
* Willingness to travel up to 10% of time.
* Matlab Proficiency - Working knowledge of base package plus Image Processing and Computer Vision toolboxes.
* Results Orientation - Highly self-motivated and independent. Effectively prioritize, plan, and execute the work. Track results and consistently meet or exceed milestones and commitments.
* Initiative and Foresight - Take the initiative to finish tasks and seek opportunities for improvement.
This position reports to the Innovations Lead: Field, Plant, Lab, at Bayer.