Job Description Summary
To provide technical support, regular maintenance, recovery and overall technical responsibility to the Cisco voice, data network and wireless platforms across the Global infrastructure.
This position will also fulfill the role of lead engineer on various projects across the region from a network perspective.
Additional responsibilities to provide technical guidance and deployment where appropriate.
General Network Operations Management
- In depth knowledge of Cisco Wired and Wireless Network Infrastructure in branch offices and datacenters
- A good understanding of Cisco Layer 3 routing, particularly EIGRP and OSPF protocols
- In depth knowledge of Palo Alto firewall infrastructure
- Experience of deploying network monitoring tools and fine tuning alerting and reporting. Hands on experience with Solarwinds is advantageous
- Demonstrable experience of working for a large enterprise, familiarity with IT frameworks such as ITIL. An understanding of the advantage for Change and Incident Management processes to the organization
- Experience of working with Cisco Nexus Data Center Switching, routing technologies and integration to VMware and Microsoft Virtualization Platforms
- Experience developing and managing firewall infrastructure, particularly PaloAlto and Cisco ASA
- Experience with SDN or SD-WAN related technologies would be desirable
- Experience with Load Balancing / F5
- Some exposure to Cisco Unified Communications Systems and Skype for Business
- Security Certifications would be favorable
- Working knowledge of security standards including ISO27000
- Strong practical working knowledge of deployed firewalls and the rationale for authorizing firewall rule set changes relating to secure / insecure configurations