Endpoint Engineer - Direct Hire
Profession:Endpoint Engineer - Direct Hire
The IT Endpoint Engineer is responsible for assisting in the maintenance and deploy functions of desktop, laptop and mobile hardware and operating systems. Expected for assisting in patch management as well configuration management activities and processes. This position performs a variety of tasks including top level endpoint support of hardware, OS and applications of all types. This position relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain the operating system(s) for the desktop environment.
- Work to maintain configuration management of base image and test updates as available.
- Work with deployment team to deploy updates and changes to the base image.
- Implement solutions for the desktop and mobile platforms.
- Test all new hardware for compatibility and security within the environment.
- High level troubleshooting of common applications and their interactions with the underlying operating systems
- Work with vendors for issue escalation as needed.
- Analyze and remediate issues with operating system update deployment.
- Test remediation solutions and handoff to deployment team.
- Continually look for automation opportunities.
- Create documentation for new procedures and manual steps to complete tasks for soft handoffs and cross-training of support personnel and implementation teams.
- Ability and means to travel; Occasional night and weekend work required as well as overnight travel (up to 10%).
- High School diploma or equivalent and 5 years IT experience required.
- 5+ years' PC/Mac or Mobile support/maintenance experience required.
- Knowledge of processors, memory, and other computer components and accessories.
- Knowledge of principles for providing strong customer and personal service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to multi-task to address multiple and often conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to demonstrate proactive approach to problem resolution, strong troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of compliance functions within a financial organization will be a plus.
- Knowledge of industry standard IT best practices, including disaster recovery and high availability concepts a plus.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify complex problems; review related information and develop options and implement solutions.