Let SyllogisTeks help you find a rewarding position in IT.
SQL DBA (systems and BI focus)Chesterfield, MO
MicroStrategy Developer - Direct HireSt. Louis, MO
Fullstack Developer w/ Android emphasisSt. Louis, MO
Metadata Systems Analyst (Informatica or PowerDesigner or Apache) - Direct HireSt. Louis, MO
SSIS Developer (Moody's experience preferred)Chesterfield, MO
Web Developer - Senior - Direct HireSt. Louis, MO
IT Security Risk AssessorSt. Louis, MO
CRM ConsultantSt. Louis, MO
Project Coordinator (Administrative)St. Louis, MO
Excel Business Analyst (pivot tables, formulas, charts, graphs, macros)St. Louis, MO
Analytics Developer (Master's Degree, Java, Python, AWS)Chesterfield, MO
Jr. Full Stack Developer - Direct HireChesterfield, MO
Data Analytics Oracle Developer (OBIEE, Discoverer)Eureka, MO
Senior Program Manager (SDLC, Agile, Supply Chain/Commercial Operations)Creve Coeur, MO
Innovation Programmer/Developer (Matlab/C#/C++/Python, DLLs, Algorithms)Creve Coeur, MO
Database Administrator - ChesterfieldChesterfield, MO
Jr. Application Developer (Python or Node.JS or C#) **Chesterfield, MO
Data Scientist (Operations Research, CPLEX, R/Python)Chesterfield, MO
Citrix AdministratorSt. Louis, MO
Dev Ops / Automation Engineer - DIRECT HIRESt. Louis, MO
Senior Data Scientist (R/Python, Statistics, Machine Learning)Creve Coeur, MO
SQL Data Analyst - Direct HireSt. Louis, MO
Business Analyst, Sr. (JDE Financials) - DIRECT HIREChesterfield, MO
Data Scientist - Intermediate (Optimization Research)Chesterfield, MO
Jr. C# Developer (Direct Hire)St. Louis, MO
SAP ABAP Financials (Direct Hire)St. Louis, MO
Senior C# Full Stack Developer (C#, REST, API) **Chesterfield, MO
Software Support Analyst IEureka, MO
Data Scientist - Intermediate (Optimization Research)Chesterfield, MO
Jr. C# Developer - Direct Hirechesterfield, MO
Application Developer (Senior Python Coding Skills, R)Creve Coeur, MO
Java DeveloperCreve Coeur, MO
PHP Web Developer - Sr.St. Louis, MO
Senior Software Engineer (Automation)Chesterfield, MO
Agile Coach (Coaching/Developing/Mentoring - Agile Process)Creve Coeur, MO
Developer (Full Stack) - Expert*Creve Coeur, MO
Pega Architect - Direct HireSt. Louis, MO
Business Systems Analyst (EDW) -Direct HireSt. Louis, MO
Architect (.NET or Java) - Direct HireClayton, MO
Java/Avaya Software EngineerSt. Louis, MO
Java Developer - Master Level*Chesterfield, MO
Senior Automation Systems DeveloperChesterfield, MO
Disaster Recovery Manager - Direct HireClayton, MO
Software Engineer (any OOO will work)- Direct HireChesterfield, MO
Sr. Business Analyst - Direct HireSt. Louis, MO
Data Analyst (SQL, R or Python, GIT, Data Quality)Creve Coeur, MO
Automation / DevOps Engineer - DIRECT HIRESt. Louis, MO
SAP Functional Analyst - Financial ModulesSt. Louis, MO
Software Tester (Embedded, Firmware, LINUX, Manual/Automated) **CHICAGO, IL**Chicago, IL
Web Developer - Mid Level - Direct HireSt. Louis, MO
Web DeveloperCreve Coeur, MO
SQL DBA (systems and BI focus)
Profession:SQL DBA (systems and BI focus)
The Database Administrator is responsible for managing the database and data dictionaries of the enterprise, troubleshooting, and system management within technical services. The responsibilities include data management, system management and system programming in the enterprise's database computing environment. Database management includes configuration, security, resource monitoring and reporting, troubleshooting, and the development of specialized programs. In this role, the DBA helps coordinate software issues with other IT organizations including applications and operations. The Database Administrator serves as a futurist within IT, keeping the enterprise on the "cutting edge" of current database technology.Problems and Challenges
The computer hardware and operating system software is the center of the enterprise's Information Technology activities. It is very important to the enterprise that the database systems offer the highest reliability and performance possible. The Database Administrator is challenged to assist in database design, programming, troubleshooting and management of problems affecting IT and enterprise database applications, as well as developing the area for future expansion.Essential Position Functions Principal Accountabilities
- Manages the data dictionary of the enterprise.
- Sets standards and controls the necessary infrastructure process associated with the database(s) of the enterprise including storage management, backup processing and retention policies.
- Sets standards for remote and mobile access of data assets;
- Manages and monitors job automation schedules for efficiency and success.
- Monitors database performance and availability with software or other means.
- Assists in troubleshooting and technical system support for the database programming group including the monitoring and reporting of group activities.
- Assists in the daily activities of the members of the database programming group.
- Provides senior technical leadership to the database design teams, database programming group, IT, and the enterprise including being conversant with and cognizant of the future direction of systems, how that direction will impact the enterprise, and how future and current systems can be exploited for the benefit of the enterprise.
- Serves as a source of documentation and standards to help direct the activities of IT as a whole.
- Works closely with other IT groups to coordinate current and future plans and activities including coordination and technical assistance to facilitate specific development projects that involve the computing environment, the coordination of software upgrades and the installation of new products.
- Provides weekly and monthly reports on system problems and their solutions, as well as assisting in forecasts of future utilization, licensing and equipment requirements.
- Recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future business expansion.
- Participates with the hardware and software vendor and other vendors in the assessment of advanced transaction processing and database productions including beta and field test participation.
- Performs at or above the enterprise's Information Technology performance standards.
- Assist in all of the activities of the database programming group including database design, data dictionary management, system management, system programming, and troubleshooting.
- Coordinate with the personnel of the database programming group.
- Coordinate with the activities of the database programming group and with other IT and enterprise organizations where necessary.
- Provide technical leadership to IT and the enterprise, especially on issues relating to future Information Technology modernization and/or expansion.
This position requires contact with applications and technical support personnel from computer hardware and software companies. Within the enterprise, contact with the Help Desk, Applications and Infrastructure staff, and occasionally with enterprise personnel outside of IT for troubleshooting and the development of specifications.Position Requirements
- BS or BA degree in computer science or related field
- 3-5 years of database design and programming experience using Microsoft SQL Server
- Advanced understanding of Windows Server and virtual server concepts
- Knowledge of relational database technology, transaction processing procedures, and advanced modeling and design tools
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
This position could lead to management or project management positions within applications, technical support, or operations. This position would naturally lead into management activities rather than continued emphasis on technical skills or could also lead to senior technical positions. The most natural progression is to the position of Manager Database.